While fighting to stay awake through the long, endless lectures of english class,
I long for recess once again.
That half hour of heavin in the middle of every torturous day when everything was right with the world.
When I have to stand by and watch my hard earned money claw it's way,
kicking and screaming,
out of my bank account
I can't help but daydream about the days when I could go to my mother for money...
and actually get it.
Those days when I spend endless hours pouring over homework that...
let's face it...
I'm never going to get,
Remind me of how much I miss the days when learning how to spell Minnesota for the spelling test the next day seemed like an impossible task.
When friends turn out to be different than I expect,
and the ones I think I can count on betray me,
I would give anything to go back to the second grade.
To the times when friendship was simple.
When a simple "I'll trade you my pudding for that juicebox" was all it took.
And when the hardships come rolling in like an unstoppable tidal wave,
I long for the days when my biggest problem was the chocolate milk I spilled on my new white Easter dress.
But,
I guess those are just the drawbacks of growing up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's so true. All of it is so true.
I had constructive criticism for it, too, but I lost it.
Wow I am so useless XD But I like this poem a lot.
Post a Comment